Sunday, March 14, 2010

When the mind says "Yes"...but body doesn't permit...

Since morning today I was going through a number of abnormalities in my physique--since the time I got up, i.e. 2:30 am[I had to reach work by 4 am]. For the past few days my wrist is aching[a chronic pain, dont know the reason!!!], so that was continuing, then started a headache[quite often I get it---again dont know the reason] & suddenly a backpain[this has a big history--reserved for future posts!!].
I was standing in the omelette station, but for the sake of standing. My mind was telling me, "Dont give up!!", but cant stand anymore....
Professionally speaking, I hate taking sick leaves or going on sick leave. Even if I am not unwell, I make sure I show up[Add a little stress to my poor physique!!!]--rest what my boss decides, to send me on leave/back home or allow me to work. It might sound unhealthy or too much dedication, but this is the way how I work!!
I remember, when I was in HSBC, after a week, I caught fever, due to viral infection, but I went to work. Whether they allow me to continue or not is their prerogative. Thankfully, I was sent back home & was given two days off.
I also dont like my colleagues taking sick leave[I have a number of instances in past, needless to mention all here]--however, this doesn't mean that they will never fall sick. I worked so many times, with poor health, when I couldn't even stand, but survived by taking number of antibiotics, steroids & a lot of medicines too, only to stand & finish my duty. However, repetitive instances mean there is something wrong--either the matter is fishy, or else the person needs some serious health checkup!!

Well that was it...dont want to take sick leave for headache+back pain+wrist pain!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment