Monday, March 8, 2010

When the kitchen drama is on the stage.....

Today, in our staff party...we had a little drama. By the way, kitchen is a place of all kind of dramas, which we presented on the stage today in the evening. I acted as "Exe. Chef" & rest of my colleagues as Sous Chef, Pastry Chef, Stewarding, Hygiene Supervisor, Fruit & Veg. Supplier, & so on & so forth. But, we were told not to speak. Honestly, it was awful for me--since childhood, I have been *most talkative* in class & then frequent complaints to my parents, but how can I remain silent??It seemed that we all have joined Mime academy or it was a mime theatre...
Few of the performances before us, actually casted a shadow on our performances, so we had lesser chances to win & secondly, the concept was pitiful. I am being serious now--as it had no meaning--no message to convey [though my colleagues were complaining about teamwork & stuff..but I rarely saw anything happening....]

I am not a professional actor nor a dramatist. I just go by flow, by request--an amateur in all these matters. I dont know whether you are aware or not, in India, we used to have this "Kaun Banega Crorepati"--influenced by "Who wants to be a millionaire?".I was in grade 9 then...whilst discussing about what to do in School Culturals, I gave my friends the idea, how about doing this game show as our drama???Dialect was of Bangladesh[I am strong in it--thanks to my ancestors & few family members who still retain the essence of Bangladeshi dialect]. However, since the concept came from me, my schoolmates wanted me to be Amitabh Bachchan of the game show. I remember, when I started, my mouth was almost dry---crying for "Water....Water"...but gradually, it went all fine...& guess what..it was blockbuster!!!We did it again & again...even in the theatre of Kolkata--which is most elite one & meant only for connoisseurs of art, culture & literature!!!

Looking at today's one, our performance & idea was way below...to win a prize [though we were praising each other!!!]. Anyways, people say, "Better luck next time..." but next time???You never know... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment