Monday, March 22, 2010

Pros & Cons of making good food....

Today I was making muesli for breakfast & asked my colleague to taste it. I asked him,"***** can you please taste it??I dont want to listen later it tastes like sh**". He replied, "No it looks to be good..but dont make good everytime--we will be in trouble".
I was really awestruck!!!What was he talking?Yes, it is a little pain to make things over & over again, but we cant serve sh** everytime...so that we can indulge ourself in lethargy....[now thats bad..]
In my employments so far as of now, seldom I have tried to make *bad* food for the guest. Pros of a good food is that it will finish off early, specially in a buffet food service or in an ala carte restaurant, repeat orders & many more stuff...
I love good food always..for example, once I made Chicken Schnitzel in the lunch buffet when I was in Chennai. The sous chef told me that its excellent. But I didn't know that it would sell off like hotcakes & later it was painful for me to make again & again & again...
Sometimes, I made horrible food for lunch buffet, when there had been high reservations & I have hardly any mise-en place--fortunately, hardly anyone touched the food---but at the end of the *show* I seriously felt bad, as all the hardwork just wiped away..
Right now, I have nothing much to say [Even if I have...cant...just because I am high!!!], may be sometime later, I will write something more on it.
Till then...See you...
Pampered Chef.

No comments:

Post a Comment