Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Kitchen Conversations...

Today morning, around 8:00 am, I was going to the Club Lounge for checking the breakfast with The Chef. On our way, we came across someone's wife. The Chef asked me,while we were getting in the elevator, "Where is your wife?"...did I hear it correctly, I asked him, "I'm sorry chef...", The Chef reiterated, "Where is your wife??"..I replied, "I dont have a wife...". He asked me then, "Are you not married yet?"..I said, "No".
Still in the left, The chef, "Why??". I am somewhat lost in these sudden questions in the morning. I answered, "Chef, I am only 24!!". Chef said, "So what, people in your country get married by this age..isn't it??". I am completely unaware of this fact, except that of girls. Many of my girl friends have got married, before even they were 23!!
I said, "Well..its too early for me...24 is too early". We got off the lift. Now chef started, "Marriage in your country is pre-arranged, isn't it??". I asked him again, as I was completely blank, "Sorry chef...", The chef, "Marriage in your country is prearranged...isn't it??"...I replied, "No.."...but I was thinking of something else....

A couple of hours later..Andrew notices a pimple on my cheek, "Chef, there is a pimple on your cheek". I said, "Yes, I know". Andrew continues, "That means you are in love"..." Haha"..I laughed it away...

Hmmmm....

2 comments:

  1. hmmmm...wot a constructive early morning chat...but my question is are you unmarried because u are only 24 or you didn't meet 'the one'. Do you intend to imply that when you reach a marriageable age...u will get hold of any gal and tie the knot?
    Think about it...if the reason behind your pimple reads this...she wont be very happy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well..I must tell you that I am a little fussy about girls---there are a lot of pros & cons I consider, before I linger my thoughts about them...else, I got better business to do.
    However, regarding marriage--well, its early for me, as I need to be matured [alas, I am still immatured!!!] & secondly, I need the right girl.
    I dont believe in this age old pimple story....so no worries!!! :)

    ReplyDelete