Saturday, April 10, 2010

If Culinary had not been my profession....

I was chatting with a friend in the end of the last month & we were discussing about a quote by Socrates[I have this habit of putting up quotes everywhere-facebook, yahoo messenger, gtalk etc--sometimes they resemble my thought process or sometimes, its for nothing!!].It was regarding the quote of Socrates which states that if you are married to a good wife, you are happy & married to a bad wife then you are philosopher. My friend asked me, "So are you inspired to be a philosopher or happier person?". I replied, "It actually depends till I get married". He replied, "Well, till then you are an astrologer".[Many people are aware that my hobby is astrology].
I replied, "I am a chef", to which he reciprocated, "Sirji, ..many caps - astrologer, chef, son, lover, author, student, guide, philosopher, spiritualist "
Well, I dont mind carrying a lot of talents with me.
***
Sometimes, what I would have been if I had not taken culinary as my profession?
I remember, when I was a kid, I used to dream of joining police service, quite contrary to take up medical as a profession. My maternal uncle used to be in Police service & watching the detective shows in the television, I sincerely thought of being a Police.I remember my maternal uncle used to scare me by telling, "Well, if you want to be a police, you have to consume 100 bullets, pistols, & so on"--but I never got scared.
In due course, when I started growing up, I discovered few more talents within me. One of them being mimicry. I remember, once upon a time, I could copy any politicians of India. Doing mimicry in the school was my *specialty*.
I was given to learn Tabla, an Indian percussion, which I was learning well & then stopped. When I was about to join high school, I was sure enough to be a chemist. I had so much enthusiasm that I started writing a book on Chemistry, while teachers used to praise me openly in class. I was a mediocre student in Science--strong in Pure Chemistry, Biology but equally weak in Physics & Mathematics. But to be a scientist, one has to be strong in Chemistry & Physics too. So I decided to take up Science stream in the high school[In India, the studies are bifurcated after middle school in three streams, viz., Science, Commerce & Humanities]. I was all set  & started seeing myself & as a successful future Chemist & a University Blue [A dream of my grandmother...sigh!!].
However, my best friend Samrat pursuaded me & changed my minds. I remember, whenever I used to call him, he used to bitch me about Science & wanted me take up Commerce stream. In both holistic & realistic view he was correct--If I flunk in high school badly, future in Science will be at stake. Tab na ghar ka, na ghat ke..
So I opted for Commerce. As a positive effect, I was good in accounts, commerce & equally, economics was a dry subject initially. Business mathematics..I was poor in it!! Bengali..my mother tongue....I could never afford to be weak in this subject. I could feel, that my bengali teacher in school, had a special affection for me--he was good also.
Then I used to wonder, I would take up MBA in future or may be Chartered Accountant or Cost Accountant or Company Secretary--since my thought-process was commerce oriented. I was good in accounts too...but as I wrote before, Culinary just happened perchance.....

I always used to see myself as a top executive of an MNC...never wanted to be an engineer[as my father wanted, who himself is a mechanical engineer]---I have got all talents to be a good administrator too...

On the other hand,its the business I used to think on...Business is in my blood--my forefathers, ancestors are into business, trade--so are few uncles too, except my father & few uncles too...

Again, research & analysis used to beckon me. Inventions, creations, modifications & coming up with discoveries, like the alchemists & magicians.....[my astrologer wrote many years before, I would join an industry involving research!!..bingo...:P]

In spite of people claiming that I can be a successful & famous astrologer of future, I can never think of Astrology as profession.

This is a simple thought...if I had never taken Culinary as a profession. Despite committing some mistakes in selecting companies, position...I can foresee a great future for myself & a successful professional[Do note my words & wait & see for the next 5 years & then from 2015 onwards....I am not kidding!!].

Rest....I have left it for God to take care :)

No comments:

Post a Comment