Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Revisiting Lycee...

I have not been to Lycee for more than a year now..and today I went to Gariahat for speaking to my bank & then also to meet a couple of friends. After I was done, I was hanging around Lycee, with a question in my mind, "To go or not to go inside???". But finally, I had the courage to go inside & meet my favorite teachers.
The building of Lycee is very small, compared to the gigantic buildings around the school, which has grown over the last few years. Anyways, after asking some keepers about my favorite teacher, I went upstairs & I saw her...yes Mrs.Koely Ghosh aka Koely mam. I dont know whether she was stunned or not, but I saw her really after 8 years[well, thats long...isn't it??]& the first question she asked me was about my hair. Yes, its thinning, but despite her advice of getting artificially weaved or wutever, I expressed no interest--I rather said, "I am happy with it--hairs wanted to go & I let them" :)--and then she was asking my & my bro's whereabouts, since she knows both of us pretty well.She also recollected the blockbuster we did, "Kaun banega crorepati" in the dialect of Bangladesh...& it made me famous too[thank god..people still remember] & was telling whether we can do that again or not...but now..it is not possible.
I remember once Koely mam threw me out of her tutorial due to my poor performances in her class..securing 7 out of 20 or 8 out of 20...awful...though she took me back in a short period of time.
Then I met Gayatri mam...who used to teach us Bengali...& apart from asking about my hair, she asked, "Have you got married??"..."No...no...too early" & I brought some other topic...& then went to visit other teachers too..
I was feeling good..specially to be in contact with teachers who I saw after a real long time...& fortunately, they remember me well....
However, got a compliment from Koely mam.."You're looking great, despite your less hair"...accepted the compliment graciously... :P..she has been one of the smartest women I have seen.

Seriously, miss you lycee..the days were full of fun, since 1990 till 2002..these 12 years in Lycee..backstabbing, sitting in the last bench of the class with friends & having fun behind, first crush, first fight...flunking in mathematics...scandals, rumours & gossips...& also gifted me my best friend, Samrat. Also politics...yes...real politics for the class prefect..where I was the leader to nominate members from our group, but I never nominated myself :D.

I hope to attend some re-union of Lycee...as I have never attended any.

No comments:

Post a Comment