Sunday, July 11, 2010

On the way back home...

Yeah...at last...back home..vacation for the first time. Well, I meant for the first time from Dubai...
Yes...I am delinquent when it comes to packing my bags...my mom has always shouting at me, especially when I have been late in packing my bag before travel.I did...cleaned my room...n bla...bla...bla..
Boarded the cab, n whilst chatting with friends over phone, reached the airport in no-time. Yes, its pretty big than any airport in India[forget about Kolkata].
I am smart..so I opted for Self Check-in, gave my luggage for loading.After the immigration process then security. A little disgusting...open this & that...even my kara [steel bangle] & after a couple of minutes...heading towards Dubai Duty Free. I was excited to see Dubai duty free..as I have not seen it whilst I came to Dubai. So lets check out & buy something worthy...
I was checking the liquors as I wanted to buy some good wines & liqueurs for my cooking in Kolkata. I thought I would buy Cointreau, Grand marnier [Grand Marnier Souffle??? ;) ], Bailey's Irish Cream[Cheesecake???? ;)],  Kirschwasser [For Schwarzwalder Kirschtorte?] & some red wines...white wines...but poor...Liquor restrictions when coming to India :(
So, I could help myself with a Chianti Classico red wine & Bailey's Irish Cream & then headed to check out some perfumes. I was not in a mood to buy one..but I didn't mind checking out a few colognes...You never know..if it fits the pocket..
But ..Holy Christ...the colognes over there are damn expensive. For example, Davidoff Coolwater 75 ml is some 155 AED, but the shop below our building sells it at 65 AED!! What a difference..isn't it?
I was also checking out a couple of Diesel colognes. Fuel for Life, another one that I like --the 75 ml version is 200 AED!! But the shop from where I buy, its only 155 AED!! Wanna buy?? Naah....
Then I was checking out other shops..bought some chocolates for my bro & cousins...n then headed towards the gate.
N guess what...flooded by bengalis....hmm..so I am heading back to kolkata.
The trip was nice, except the passenger behind me...n kids crying around..n the hostesses poking in....
N finally...back to kolkata. Nothing seems to have change..specially the people of Kolkata...the pot holes in the city & the loopholes & 1000s of holes in the roads haven't changed--diversion here & there...construction here & there...traffic..horn...& the pollution....God!!! Will this city ever develop????
I thought my mom would come to the airport but I was a little disappointed when I didn't see them. Am I demanding too much???Or their excuse is "Guddu, I want you to be independent..." Hmm...ok!!!
I was afraid...I would forget my way back to home..but fortunately I didn't forget!! :)

Anyways...100s of things to do...fix a lot of things..hopefully I can make good use of this short trip back home.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment