Monday, February 28, 2011

Belated Valentine's Menu....

It was difficult for me to make out sometime & write a new menu for the day dedicated to lovers [I wonder sometimes, if there was a day dedicated only for the singles]. One of my last menus, dedicated for the partners was cook for your dream date--fortunately, one of the followers of this blog, tried this out for her husband [she lamented poorly, if she had tried this out for her lover...before getting married...]and thanked me...and now its time for others I guess...to try out something. Since this year, I didn't work on Valentine's day--I announced an open offer...I will cook for a couple...3 course menu @ only DHS 500!!! Unfortunately...I never got a chance to cook for, but for myself!!

Anyways, the menu that I have planned doesn't have too much of the so called "red" for valentine's[as other people depict]. I understand that "red" is the color of passion, but does that mean all your food has to have something in red???Can't you express your passion through, oysters, lobsters, passionfruit [aphrodisiacs in other words]???

Here is my offer...
Beetroot Salad with Hazelnuts & Raspberry
Lemon Dressing, Pureed Pistachio
-
My Surf & Turf
Lobster Ravioli, Slow-cooked pork belly, Wild Mushroom Jus, Asparagus
-
Passion
Warm Passionfruit Curd, Passionfruit & Milk Chocolate Jelly, Passionfruit Pumice Stone


Stories behind each foods...
Beetroot Salad
I saw this salad in one of the episodes of "No reservations" by Anthony Bourdain. Beetroot & Raspberry may sound odd---but combines well.
My Surf & Turf
It just came to my mind....I had some slow cooked pork belly lying with me...cooked sous vide at 70 Deg C for 8 hours. How about making a lobster ravioli & serve with it?? It goes well too..
Passion
It needs a lot of mise-en place, lots of running here & there.It needs patience. But the end result is well-worth. I made a jelly of milkchocolate with passionfruit & you may ask why. Well, the answer is to cut down the tartness of the passionfruit.I tried it once, making it in a professional kitchen. It is really good. The pumice stone???Well, I borrowed this idea from the concept of frozen foam.

Enjoy reading.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment