Saturday, February 19, 2011

Tasting Menus in Vacation....II

There was yet one more menu, that I wanted to cook for my mother & brother. It was a little elaborate--a five course meal. The meal kick started with a soup, followed by a pasta, main course, cheese course & finally a trio of desserts.
It was a challenge for me...as I thoughtfully planned this menu...focussing on ingredients, generally easy to get...easy to cook...but on the next level....many things, I was trying till I put them on the plate together...eventually, they still need to be refined!!
Here is that menu...
Cappuccino di Funghi
with Wild Mushroom
-
Ravioli di Zucca
Pumpkin ravioli in tomato-basil sauce & parmesan foam
-
Branzino Locale
Fresh water seabass, green pea mousse, poeled potato, Sicilian pesto
-
Selezione di Formaggi
Brie, Camembert, Goat Cheese...served with apple & walnut relish
-
Trio di Citrus
Warm Lemon-Almond pudding, Lime pannacotta & orange-chocolate fondant with blueberry sauce & marinated strawberries

Recipes???If you ask for it... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment