Saturday, June 12, 2010

Me, Myself & I--Part 3

"Change is the only constant", I was told about this quote many years before & I share this quote with my pals, friends, colleagues & any people who I come across--worth talking to.
Yes, everything change--people change, their attitude change, their way of dealing with other people change...I change too. I have changed from my birth--my looks, my way of talking to people & dealing with them, my tastes, interests...
However, few things have not changed. Few things I hate in life--first & foremost I hate liars & lying. The reason I hate liars because from the next time, I can't believe them--I will become skeptical on what they say...even if they speak the truth..it will be a fake news to me. I have come across so many examples in my life & still facing such examples everyday--school, family, work...everywhere!!!Especially, if such lies come from people who trust you the most....
I am not disciplined--perhaps this thing will never change, so is my tidiness. I have never learnt how to lead a disciplined life & be punctual. My mother made endless efforts to bring me on track--but I never made myself available for her teachings!!Few examples, like if I have to meet someone on a given time, I make sure that I leave home at that given time[In other words, I am delinquent!!], taking up a task in 11th hour & finish off within the stipulated time--a legacy I have followed since childhood till date. During exams, interviews I become superstitious--I leave home during an auspicious time..thus running late again. Same thing goes, when I have to catch a flight/train..I will leave late!!
Though I am a believer of the philosophy "Cleanliness is next to Godliness", seldom I follow this. My profession demands this, so I try as much as I can...but in personal life???I leave it upto my visitors, friends..who have come to my room..here & in India.!!!

My taste of music have changed over the years. My mother used to sing Classical Hindusthani music, but when she used to practise, I used to stop her from practising music. But when I started growing up, I could taste the essence of music. But when I wanted to learn music, specially classical music, it was late...but still, I love music...ones soothing to ears...
Bengalis have this long drawn attachment to Rabindrasangeet..I have interest in them...so in devotional songs. Bengalis listen to Western music less--a fact, however, I listen to Boney M n whatever my father used to play[as Hindi movie songs used to beckon me more...]but now have restarted...thanks to my cousin who introduced me to James Blunt... :)

Food habits have remained almost same...kinda bland food. Quite contrary to popular belief, I can't eat spicy food--though my family members are accustomed to it. I prefer Italian food over anything[obviously, Bengali food first!!] & then Biryani. Calcutta has so many chinese restaurants[Yes..the Indo-Chine version...] that I am not crazy about Chinese cuisine[even I didn't read about their cuisine with interest]..however, can die for a plate of Hakka Noodles & Sweet & sour Chicken/Pork.However, sometimes I am picky about foods...sometimes, not.Sometimes I am hungry...sometimes not...

Being nice to people sometimes hurts, specially when you are nice to people around & they act nicely also, but stab you behind. It becomes really painful..so many things I saw & also seeing it around everyday...I was taught once, "Gaurav...sometimes you need to be hard". True--if I am flippant, people will take me for granted--at least I was not born in this earth to please people or kiss their ass!!!!I really need to be hard...

Life has been a rollercoaster rides for the last 4-5 years. Ups & downs-rise & fall--securing the ground firm & shaky ground has taught me a lot--to distinguish between good & evil & so many things. I easily get flattered & then people take me on a ride. If someone walks 1 mile for me, I am ready to run 100 miles for that person but in the end...I find that I was taken for a ride...& there another mistake....which cannot be undone.

Sometimes, I am overly professional--with my family members, with friends..when I don't care about anyone else except my guests. Yes, I dont take care of myself too..often. Missing lunch, breakfast, dinner...n sometimes no time for myself[Readers, I am not complaining!!!]
Many people chose Culinary as their profession but when understood they did a mistake..they quit. But I...no matter how hard it is, how difficult things become when I move up high in the ladder--I will never quit.I learnt patience from my mother[Though I am impatient often] & hardwork from my father.

This is as of now...more to come, unless I want to close the chapter here... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment