Tuesday, February 5, 2013

V-Day--Cooking for your love (or my love too ;) )

"Wise men say only fools rush in,
But I can't help, falling in love with you..."

It is spring here again (though the deserts of Middle East have only two seasons "Not hot" & "Very Hot") everywhere- the season for the new grass, new produce & yes, season for love. And for some, this is the favorite season of all, mostly, in Europe where winter is harsh.

I was not even sure, that if I'll plan a menu for this Valentine since off late, I was busy with work & stuff. But then, if I prepare a menu, I make sure, I would rather cook all & gobble everything till the last bit. The only problem lies where I am just too tired to eat after the main course (and get drunk, if drinks included!!). So too make it less interesting, I just planned a small menu, which you can cook for your valentine (or me for mine or for myself even ;) ).

The entire menu is devised with seasonal inspirations for example, Beef is paired with vegetables of spring. Also my feelings had been incorporated in the menu, especially when I want to eat the perfectly cooked Salmon & when my heart is melting, which is further reproduced in the Chocolate fondant cake, in the shape of a heart. Without beating around the bush, let me propose my menu for this very Valentine' Day!
Les huitres declinaison- au natural, au gratinee et en raviole
Declination of Oysters three ways
Served natural, served gratinated & served as a raviolo
-
Saumon cuit au “sous vide”
"Sous vide" cooked Salmon
Fennel, Mustard, Tomato
-
Le filet de boeuf
Angus Beef Tenderloin
Ala Printaniere, purple potato, pepper sauce
-
Le Coeur au Chocolat
The Chocolate heart
Chocolate fondant, Raspberry sorbet

Wish you all a very Happy Valentine' Day!!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment