Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Menu for this christmas

The best time of the year is here...December & the festivals throughout this month..mostly, Christmas followed by the new year. I remember my father used to buy those mock christmas tree for christmas every year & then we'd decorate it up with those colored balls, Santa Claus & once it went to extreme...he bought hays and straws & it resembled like the place where Christ was actually born. Mostly, it would end with a cake or may be a dinner outside, however, as I started growing and learnt cooking, I tried to do it at home itself. The lunch was mostly a roast--chicken or a lamb leg[I am not a fan of turkey!!] followed by some dessert...
Last year, I was too busy to cook something for christmas, however, I hope, this year, I do something special, a special treat to myself & whoever wants to sit down & join me for the 6 course menu[FYI...please u need to share the cost with me!!!] & here it is...

Caponata on Brioche
-
Cream of Wild Mushroom Soup
Truffle Cream
-
Fish & Lentils
Sea bream meuniere style, braised Puy Lentils and confit cherry tomatoes
-
Prosciutto di Parma wrapped Quail with its own Jus
Foie gras,  Pureed potato & artichokes
-
Millefeuille de Fromage
Creamed Brie, Figs & Apple Chutney, Filo Pastry
-
Degustation de Citrus
Glazed Lemon Tart, Orange Panna Cotta & Lime -Almond cake

No comments:

Post a Comment