Thursday, February 19, 2015

Valentine's Menu-2015

Sencha cured Salmon, Hass Avocado
If you have been following my blogs for the past couple of years, you must have come across similar posts, i.e. Menu for your valentine, my valentine or sort of similar posts. This year, probably, I wont go overboard. Since, I will be working on Valentine's Day (or just another day!), so perhaps I wont get the opportunity to cook all these stuff on the day itself. Chances are, I will cook all these probably as a 13th Feb Lunch or else, once I will be back to Abu Dhabi.

Escargot Fricasse, Hazelnut and Parmesan Biscuit, Piquillo
The menu for this year has been inspired by my recent visit to Paris (just a few weeks before), where I had "green tea cured salmon". Something different to my palate and I liked it so much, that I had to ask the hostess if she can speak to the chef and get me the recipe (and unfortunately, in the same restaurant, I had the worst creme brulee of my life!!).

Mushroom Ravioli, Topinambour
Dry aged Entrecote Ratte Puree, Thyme Jus
No, I am not presenting any oysters this year, unlike the last few years. Probably shift to something else, like escargot, mushrooms and  followed by Dry aged entrecote and then ending up with some chocolatey dessert.
And btw, the menu doesn't have any option for His or Hers--both will have to eat the same menu ;)


Le Saumon
Sencha cured Salmon, Hass Avocado
Champagne Nicolas Feuillatte, Brut, NV
-
Les Escargots
Piquillos, Hazelnuts, Parmesan
Pays d'Oc, Chardonnay, 2013
-
Le Champignon
Topinambour
-
Le Entrecote de boeuf
Ratte Puree, Thyme Jus
Cour du Roy, Bordeaux 2012
-
Le assiette de Fromages
Membrillo
Sauternes 2009
-
Le Chocolat trois facons
Assiette de Fromage, Quince
Rose-white chocolate cremeux, Twix crumble, milk chocolate toffee sauce and dark chocolate shell
Variations of Chocolate


Well, I often miss cooking in the French restaurant, "Traiteur", where I have worked before (and to be honest, I loved working there!). As a homage to that lost love, I dedicate my main course for this menu to that restaurant..






No comments:

Post a Comment