Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Way back home…again..Part 2

Aargh...I was sitting in the airport for more than 4 hours..for nothing. Today, I didn't take a shower...which is not me...My flight to Kolkata was scheduled at 18:30 hours [I wonder, whether it will leave on the correct time or not...].Most of the time I was sleeping in the airport..occasionally gulping down some water, to quench my thirst, having some chocolates[I had a bagfull, when I left Dubai] & visiting the restroom, to relieve myself.
Finally, when the boarding gates were opened, I headed towards the security check. By then, the brie de meaux & camembert de normandie, which I bought for home---melted. I was more than frustrated, still, I had patience to go through the rigorous security check. I was hungry...what to do...what to do...I needed a mini chicken snacker--assumed that it would keep me full till dinner was served in flight....

I boarded the flight by 18:10 hours, but such early boarding was of no use---it was expected & eventually, the flight departed at 18:45 hours. I went to sleep again...except when the not-too-old air hostess asked me for the inflight meal..the dinner was served at around 19:30 hours...n after eating that, I went to sleep again...[These days, I have started hating the in-flight meals!! :( ]...
I got up around 20:30...only 1/2 hr was left  to reach Kolkata...
And, finally the flight landed in Kolkata....the temperature outside was 19 Deg C....I was back to the ever polluted Kolkata, with the political unrest...

No comments:

Post a Comment